Blogdope.com – Contoh Soal Tes TOEFL Reading dilengkapi Kunci Jawaban yang Tepat. Salah satu kunci sukses untuk memperoleh skor tes TOEFL yang tinggi adalah memperbanyak latihan soal.
Soal-soal latihan untuk persiapan tes TOEFL dapat diupayakan mendekati soal TOEFL yang sesungguhnya.
Komposisi Soal Tes TOEFL pada Unsur Reading Comprehension
Nah, pada kesempatan ini admin Blogdope.com akan menyajikan contoh soal reading tes TOEFL. Lebih tepatnya contoh soal reading comprehension.
Tentu contoh soal test TOEFL tentang reading comprehension dan kunci jawaban yang tepat ini dapat membantu persiapan Anda menghadapi ujian TOEFL.
Perlu Anda ketahui bahwa semua jenis tes TOEFL pasti memiliki ujian reading di dalamnya. Meskipun durasi dan jumlah soal reading pada setiap jenis tes dapat berbeda.
Berikut contoh komposisi soal dan alokasi waktu tes TOEFL pada materi uji reading comprehension.
Pada tes TOEFL iBT, jumlah pertanyaan berkisar antara 30 sampai 40 butir pertanyaan dengan alokasi waktu 54 sampai 72 menit. Sementara itu pada tes TOEFL ITP alokasi waktu yang diberikan sebanyak 55 menit dengan jumlah pertanyaan sejumlah 50 butir.
Kemudian pada tes TOEFL Essentials terdapat soal berjumlah 30 sampai 45 pertanyaan dengan waktu pengerjaan berkisar 22 sampai 33 menit.
Selanjutnya pada tes TOEFL Primary Test mengalokasikan waktu pengerjaan kurang lebih 30 menit dengan jumlah pertanyaan antara 37 sampai 39 pertanyaan.
Dan pada jenis tes TOEFL Junior Test terdapat 42 butir soal dengan alokasi waktu pengerjaan sebanyak 50 menit.
Contoh Soal TOEFL Reading dan Kunci Jawabannya
Simak sajian contoh soal tes TOEFL materi Reading dan kunci jawaban yang tepat berikut ini.
Contoh Soal 1
The railroad was not the first institution to impose regularity, or to draw attention to the importance of precise timekeeping. For as long as merchants have set out their wares at daybreak and communal festivities have been celebrated, people have been in rough agreement with their neighbors as to the time of the day.
The value of this tradition is today more apparent than ever. Were it not for public acceptance of a single yardstick of time, social life would be unbearably chaotic: the massive daily transfers of goods, services, and information would proceed in fits and starts; the very fabric of modern society begin to unravel.
1. What is the main idea of the passage?
A. In modern society we must make more time for our neighbors.
B. The traditions of society are timeless.
C. An accepted way of measuring time is essential for the smooth functioning of society.
D. Society judges people by the times at which they conduct certain activities.
2. According to the second paragraph, the phrase “this tradition” refers to…
A. the practice of starting the business day at dawn
B. friendly relations between neighbors
C. the railroad’s reliance on time schedules
D. people’s agreement on the measurement of time
Contoh Soal Reading 2
The Alaska pipeline starts at the frozen edge of the Arctic Ocean. It stretches southward across the largest and northernmost state in the United States, ending at a remote ice-free seaport village nearly 800 miles from where it begins. It is massive in size and extremely complicated to operate.
The steel pipe crosses windswept plains and endless miles of delicate tundra that tops the frozen ground. It weaves through crooked canyons, climbs sheer mountains, plunges over rocky crags, makes it way through thick forests, and passes over or under hundreds of rivers and streams. The pipe is 4 feet in diameter, and up to 2 million barrels (or 85 million gallons) of crude oil can be pumped through it daily.
Resting on H-shaped steel racks called “bents,” long sections of the pipeline follow a zigzag course high above the frozen earth. Other long sections drop out of sight beneath spongy or rocky ground and return to the surface later on. The pattern of the pipeline’s up-and-down route is determined by the often harsh demands of the arctic and subarctic climate, the tortuous lay of the land, and the varied compositions of soil, rock, or permafrost (permanently frozen ground). A little more than half of the pipeline is elevated above the ground. The remainder is buried anywhere from 3 to 12 feet, depending largely upon the type of terrain and the properties of the soil.
The Pipeline Cost
One of the largest in the world, the pipeline cost approximately $8billion and is by far the biggest and most expensive construction project ever undertaken by private industry. In fact, no single business could raise that much money, so eight major oil companies formed a consortium in order to share the costs. Each company controlled oil rights to particular shares of land in the oil fields and paid into the pipeline-construction fund according to the size of its holdings. Today, despite enormous problems of climate, supply shortages, equipment breakdowns, labor disagreements, treacherous terrain, a certain amount of mismanagement, and even theft, the Alaska pipeline has been completed and is operating.
1. The passage primarily discusses the pipeline’s
A. operating costs
2. The yellow highlited word “it” in paragraph 1 refers to the …
3. According to the second paragraph, 84 million gallons of oil can travel through the pipeline each…
4. The phrase “resting on” in paragraph 3 is closest in meaning to …
A. Consisting of
B. Supported by
C. Passing under
D. Protected with
5. The author mentions all of the following in the third paragraphs as important in determining the pipeline’s route EXCEPT the …
B. lay of the land itself
C. local vegetation
D. kind of soil and rock
6. The yellow highlighted word “undertaken” in paragraph 4 is closest in meaning to …
7. According to the last paragraph, how many companies shared the costs of constructing the pipeline?
8. The yellow highlighted word “particular” in paragraph 4 is closest in meaning to …
9. According to the last paragraph, which of the following determined what percentage of the construction costs each member of the consortium would pay?
A. How much oil field land each company owned
B. How long each company had owned land in the oil fields
C. How many people worked for each company
D. How many oil wells were located on the company’s land
10. Look at the green highlighted sentences, Where in the passage does the author provide a term for a layer of soil that always remains frozen?
A. line 4
B. line 15
C. line 23
D. line 37
Kunci Jawaban Soal Reading Comprehension Tes TOEFL
Di bawah ini adalah kunci jawaban dari contoh soal tes TOEFL aspek reading comprehension di atas.
Contoh Soal Reading 1
1. C (An accepted way of measuring time is essential for the smooth functioning of society)
2. D (people’s agreement on the measurement of time)
Contoh Soal Reading 2
1. D (construction)
2. A (pipeline)
3. A (day)
4. B (supported by)
5. C (local vegetation)
6. D (attempted)
7. C (eight)
8. B (specific)
9. A (How much oild field land each company owned)
10. C (Line 23)
Direkomendasikan untuk Anda:
- Modul Penguatan Supervisi Kepala Sekolah dan Penilaian Kinerja Guru PKG
- Baca Permendikbud Nomor 19 Tahun 2019 tentang Petunjuk Teknis Tunjangan Guru PNSD
- Petunjuk Teknis Evaluasi Reformasi Birokrasi
- Lembar Kekuatan Diri Guru: Memahami dan Meningkatkan Potensi Pendidik
Nah, itulah contoh soal reading tes TOEFL dan kunci jawaban yang dapat admin sajikan pada kesempatan kali ini.
Semoga saja contoh soal tes TOEFL Reading di atas dapat menambah luas wawasan dan pengetahuan Anda.
Terima kasih sudah berkenan berkunjung ke Blogdope.com. Semoga bermanfaat.